Sunday, June 8, 2008

Saying Goodbye to the Big Easy


Grandma Kristen descended like an angel out the skies to help Maren drive back to Michigan and then fly on to Idaho. Maren had fun showing her around the Crescent City. 

In front of the St. Charles cathedral with an alligator (for Lainie) and a little dolly (Brin's) that Grandma bought them in the French Quarter. 

Ferry Boat on the Mississippi. 

At the aquarium. I included this picture because of Brin's psycho smile (fond memories of her psycho cupcake look) and Isaac's open stare at the fish. 

In rainforest room. 

Hey, look! No sunburn. :)



At the New Orleans Zoo


Our little wild animal. She's so sweet and cuddly, but just when we think she's tame...  

The most intimidating view at the zoo. It's a huge silverback gorilla. watchout!!

5 comments:

Danette said...

Keion is loving the gorilla! I'm glad you guys will be back home soon, tell the girls we can't wait to play =)

Gma Higbee said...

What beautiful photos of BEAUTIFUL kids! The zoo & beach both look sooo fun. You look like you were having such great times. I am glad you forewarned me of the "sunburn" or I think I would have lost it! We are so very excited to spend some quality time of our own with your dear family!! Love ya, G-ma

Angie said...

This might seem like a random post, but it's really not. I found your link off Jordon and Maggies blog since they are some friends here in MI and I actually graduted from high school with Dan and was roomates with Allison (your sister-in-law)in college... which leads me to my question, could you email me her phone number? I would love to get in contact with her again. In case Dan doesn't remember me, my last name was May before I got married. Anyway, I would appreciate it. My email is supermodelangie@yahoo.com. You really do have a beautiful family. I hope you enjoyed living in Michigan for awhile. I've been here since 2001 but spent 3 of those years in NY and have just moved back.

Nicole Hunter said...

It looks like you guys had a ton of fun! Cute pictures! Isaac's getting so big!!

GrannyJ said...

What a beautiful family!!!! We sure love you! Your pictures remind me of our time in New Orleans too! We love you!
Jenny~