Monday, September 1, 2008

We had some fun with the normally barely tolerable chore of family pictures this summer. It's so rare to have the whole family together on either side, and we were lucky enough to be together with everyone on both sides. First, for Kari's wedding with the Higbees, and then at the Beckstead Manor in Pocatello. Mom (Kristen) did such a great job of planning and coordinating it all. Dad (Rob) wasn't so sure about the green couch the photographer brought, but I think it looks great. Dad has been really interested in competitive shooting recently, and introduced us all to tactical shotgun shooting during our stay. We had to get the guns and have some theme pictures while we had the attention of the photographer.


The first thing Lainie did was get fresh mud from the pond on her clean pants. There was alot of bustle and an emergency tide stain pen was produced. 10 minutes later she had duck doo-doo on her pants. Wow, I was amazed.
I just wish we had videos of the adults trying to get the kids to smile (I'm sure I was the worst) . They are all smiles when they are doing what they want and then we dress them up and tell them to be still and stay clean and we expect them to keep on a smiley face. Oh well, they did a great job.


































7 comments:

Maxfield Family said...

What cute pictures. I think they turned out wonderful. Not that I'm surprised. Your kids couldn't take a bad picture because they are too cute.

shel said...

You are soooo lucky to have these fun photos. I LOVE pictures! They really turned out great and I like the green couch, too.

Gma Higbee said...

just absolutely beautiful!!!

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

These are absolutely beautiful pictures!! Ok, now I am looking and everyone else said the same thing. They are so great! Your children are BEAUTIFUL, just like their mommy!!

Britt said...

I've just been catching up on your blog and have had way too many comments about all the great pictures and fun things that you have posted about. Dan, way to go, I think you are the first person to successfully make me feel for a moment that we should really have a girl for Trav's sake. Maybe some day we'll break our trend. Man, we need some Higbee time!!

Nicole Hunter said...

Beautiful!! I love all of them! You guys look great! The kids are adorable! Just a good lookin family! :)

GrannyJ said...

What a beautiful family you have!!! They have a wonderful Mom. Maren, you are amazing!
Love, Jenny~