Monday, May 12, 2008

I just had to add this picture b/c I'm a guy. Enough said? This is the bridge across the Mississippi to the Naval base. I wonder where they're all going? 

Classic Brinley. She can get that swimming suit on in 6.3 seconds when she hears that we’re going to the pool. 

Brinley is fearless when Daddy is around to catch her. She will swim laps around the pool alone with floaties on her arms, and is currently learning to blow bubbles out of her nose. She refers to herself as the "purple ballerina ducky" while in the water. I proposed that maybe she could be the "purple princess ballerina ducky" but she shot me down. Apparently water fowl, even colorful dancing ones, are not allowed into the circles of nobility. 


We've been slowly letting the air out of Lainie's floatie-sleeves and she quickly makes up for it with extra paddling to stay above water. Is that ethical? Either way, she's learning to swim. 


4 comments:

shel said...

That actually seems like a genious way to trick your kids into swimming. Love your photos! The very top one of Isaac is too sweet! Does he ever get grumpy?

Gma Higbee said...

THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU!!! What fun photos...and it's great to read about & see the fun times you're having. Those kids are just a hoot, and Isaac's dimples are adorable! Love ya tons!!!

Gma Higbee said...

P.S. Besides admiring your beautiful children, I also noticed what a lovely mother & handsome father they have! (Look at those trolley car shots.)

Unknown said...

My mom googled my name (Alaina Brinley) and found this page. I thought the coincidence was funny enough to share!