Friday, December 12, 2008

The wisemen brought gold, and ...Frankenmuth (?), and myrrh. 

Frankenmuth is the German Christmas town 30 minutes north of us. They have the (as they claim) largest Christmas store in the world. I think it must be. They have it divided into zones so you don't get lost. 

Brinley now loves to pretend that our couch is the train on the "Polar Insprect." 

As I write down a few updates here the girls are watching "My Little Pony" the movie. So here I am. 

We are missing our ward's Christmas party right now. Alaina kicked-off the vomiting last night at midnight and Brinley joined in at 5:30 tonight. Why does Brinley always have to do whatever Lainie does. Anyway, I'm sure Santa is grateful that we spared his beard and lap of any early christmas treats...if you know what I mean. Hopefully they will both feel better by Sunday. They are supposed to sing a duet in Sacrament meeting for our ward christmas program. 

Isaac began officially crawling this week. He had to pass several time trials before I could make the public statement. He trained very hard and we are so proud of him for sticking with it. Maren is now trying to baby-proof any decorations below our knees. 

Maren and I went on a fun date last weekend. As a residency we have a new moonlighting position as the team physicians for a semi-pro (like minor leagues) hockey team. They are the Flint Generals. It was a blast. Free tickets to the game with great seats (and the best date) and I still got paid to do it.  I had to send two spectators with nasty injuries from two stray hockey pucks to the hospital, and treat one home team player for a bruised nerve. Not a bad deal. We became fans in one night. To those whose names we drew for christmas, we hope you all like hockey jerseys. :)

We send you all our most heartfelt Merry Christmas wishes. We are so blessed and grateful to have such wonderful friends and family.  
-LOVE,
The Higbees

2 comments:

Melissa said...

We missed you guys at the party, I am sorry your kids are sick. Kira threw up 2 nights ago too... it is going around! I hope they feel better today. Merry Christmas!

Emily said...

The joys of the Christmas season- The nativity (every night, we search for the baby Jesus and put him back), the tree with no ornaments on the bottom, and sick kids;) Hope everyone is feeling well for the big vacation!