Tuesday, February 17, 2009

365!


Ok, I'm finally posting Isaac's birthday pics. I was trying to hold out and let Maren completely take over the blog dealy here. I guess I'll let her just ease into it. We celebrated our little man's first 365 days by starting at "Big Boys" for breakfast. How convenient. Isaac managed to heap a lot of sweet pancakes and scrambled eggs into his yapper, but of course, much, much more on the floor. He couldn't believe the cake was all his but he came around and began to dig in. I think the girls became a little nervous just then (perhaps wondering where THEIR cake was) because Lainie covered her eyes and ducked under the table, and Brinley yelled "No, No Isaac!"
Maren had me grab some balloons for him earlier in the morning. When I brought them out the birthday boy raised both arms to the sky, dropped his mouth wide open and squealed in delight. What a fun kiddo. He is seen sitting on his first basketball and hoop, a huge doodle pad that he had to fight his sisters for, and a spinning, bouncing, music playing zebra from Grandma and Grandpa Beckstead. Thanks to all for the fun cards and gifts. Isaac will write you later. We have been so very lucky to have him this year, and we are forever so grateful for his fun, loving personality in our family. Happy Birthday little buddy!!





9 comments:

Gma Higbee said...

You really gave him a whole cake??? (Not just a whole slice?) Wow!! Wish we could have been there to watch the fun. xos

The Higbee Family said...

I love the pictures. What a handsome little man!

claudia said...

Who can beat balloons and a one year old??!!

shel said...

I'm so glad you got a shot of his face when he saw those balloons! Love that kid!!

Maxfield Family said...

What a cute little guy. I can't believe he is already 1.

Britt said...

Cute boy Isaac. We're glad you are there too! Just thinking about you guys tonight...its about time (or past) for a Higbee fill for us. What do ya say?

Melissa said...

He is my favorite little baby! He is SO dang cute and so happy. Happy Birthday!

Nicole Hunter said...

He is such a little cutie! I can't believe he's over a year old!

Danette said...

What a stud. He is my little buddy and I will hold him anytime you want me to!!
Dan, keep up on the blog and Maren keep up the amazing photography!