Monday, February 16, 2009

Our Little Chef



Why is there corn on a little red light? you may ask.  The other day I was making dinner for three starving children and famished husband when one of the wee ones asked for a few niblets of frozen, uncooked corn to hold her over until dinner was ready.  Perfect idea I thought and agreed.  A few minutes later I noticed a few kernels of the frozen corn arranged oh so carefully around the little red light on my stovetop that indicates if the stove is hot or not.  (For those of you without experience with glass top stoves, when my stove is on, a red burner light appears under the glass and starts cooking the food, a little like this little red light- but much bigger and hotter.)  I figured out that Alaina had indeed placed them there with hopes of warming her snack on the little red light.  Needless to say, it was taking a very long time, but she was patient and was eventually rewarded with two thawed kernels.  YUMMY!  -M

6 comments:

Gma Higbee said...

What a cute story! Isn't she ingenious? Way to go, Lainie!

shel said...

That's hilarious because the reward is so very small...two tiny morsels of corn for all her work.

Good idea, though...not too tasty frozen!

Judaloo said...

Is she the cutest or what?!

Emily said...

So smart! We loved her little note- that was soo sweet:)

Amy & Greg said...

THat is hilarious!! Such a smart little girl! I miss you guys and am so happy that I am FINALLY linked to your blog! Love you guys!!

Daniel Hunter said...

She certainly is a smart kid! That was a way cute story to read about! I can just imagine the satisfaction on her face when her corn was thawed and ready to eat :)