Wednesday, August 26, 2009

More summer faces and feet...

Now that I am a chief resident I get more hours at our moonlighting gig. It's really nice to make the extra money, but it also takes more time from being with the family. Luckily, I married a sweet girl who is willing to grab the kids and come and visit me. These pictures are from a recent visit to see dad at the MRI center on a Saturday. We watch movies, eat and go for nature hikes on the property. Lainie can put together some of her "collections" of birds' eggs, pine cones, flowers and acorns. Brinley can try to eat little inedible berries and touch every plant while asking, "is this poison ivy, daddy?" And Isaac can chase bugs to his heart's content.

I took Alaina and Brinley golfing with me yesterday. They were so cute as they would cheer for me after every stroke (whether or not I was happy about my play). They love golf, because it means a gatorade and a bag of skittles, not to mention a ride in the golf cart. I found this picture (below) of Lainie's feet, plus several more random ones. I guess she had my phone out at some point. I didn't realize she knew how to take pictures with it. She's growing up too fast, just look at how long those legs are :).

Oh, and I also included some of the noteworthy pics of me this summer. That's a 6.5 mm screw if anyone is wondering. I'm still taking it slow, wearing my cast boot most of the time (especially while standing all day in surgery). It looks like it is healing well, so (fingers crossed) hopefully I'm about done babying that stinking foot.







4 comments:

Gma Higbee said...

That sure looks like a honking big screw! I'm glad to hear you think its healing, but doesn't that hurt in there? Lainie's feet look much more adorable!
It's so good to read a tidbit of your days. I guess your first-grader is about to start school, isn't she? Give her a good luck kiss from us!

shel said...

oUch!! And grOss!

The new picture at the top is the best EVAH!

Blue Ribbon Family said...

That screw looks like it HURTS! haha
And, I just have to say you have THE most adorable kids ever! Isnt it funny how the little things in life (gatorade and skittles) can please just about anyone?

claudia said...

Hope your foot is healing fast and right. Love the pictures of the kids- they grow up so fast. Happy you are back to blogging. I enjoy the way you both write and the fun pictures of your life.