Monday, February 8, 2010

February 6th, 2010: Terrific Twos!

We have been so lucky to have Isaac in our family for the last two years! We had one of those relaxing, unforgettable days enjoying time as a family on his Birthday. We opened presents on the kitchen floor with the sun shining in the windows (if you live in Michigan, or have before, then you know why that is special in February) and played with Isaac's gifts together. He loves dinosaurs, trains, balls, and airplanes, so we included all of the above in some way. Most notably, Maren made the coolest dinosaur cake I'd seen. Isaac just laughed in excitement every time we flashed it in front of him. We love our little man...Happy Birthday, buddy!!





I call this look "red steel".

8 comments:

Danette said...

I just can't bare the fact that you guys will be leaving us soon. Snif snif snif.
The kids all look so cute. The cake was the BOMB! Way to go, Maren. I'm not surprised in the least that you pulled that off. Martha at her best!
Let me know when I can take those kids on a Sat. so you can get some stuff done around the house. I would love it. Really.

shel said...

Happy #2!!!
The cake is adorable, Maren. I'm sure he loved it. I'm glad it was a fun day. I love the pictures of Isaac...what a heartbreaker!

Gma Higbee said...

Yeah! Birthday pictures! We're so happy to celebrate Isaac, too! He's grandma's little sweetheart.

Love that cake...Way to go, Maren & the girls!

The Higbee Family said...

Happy Birthday Isaac! We love you! Maren- the cake rocks. You are awesome. Love you guys.

Maxfield Family said...

I can't believe Isaac is already 2, the time sure goes by quickly. He is such a cute little guy. I LOVE the cake you made, soooo cute! Now I really need to have a boy so I can have you teach me how to make that cake. :0)

Katie Aeschliman said...

Once again, I'm going to say that I think you and Dan should open up a bakery....here in Michigan of course! Forget all those years of med school and residency! That is the cutest darn cake! And I know you make excellent sugar cookies and Dan makes scrumptious choc chip cookies! I would be your most loyal customer...Please don't leave us!!!

Katie Aeschliman said...

Once again, I'm going to say that I think you and Dan should open up a bakery....here in Michigan of course! Forget all those years of med school and residency! That is the cutest darn cake! And I know you make excellent sugar cookies and Dan makes scrumptious choc chip cookies! I would be your most loyal customer...Please don't leave us!!!

Nicole Hunter said...

Happy Birthday Isaac! LOVE the cake Maren! You guys have such an adorable family!