Thursday, April 16, 2009

Carolina on my mind

We were so fortunate to be able to make the short (10 hrs) drive down to North Carolina for Easter weekend. The girls were great cheerleaders (w/ coaching from Uncle Craig below) for Grandma Hiatt as she recovers from a partial hip replacement for a hip fracture. We were so impressed and grateful that she was doing so well with her therapy and showing resolve and energy in recovering. It worked out so perfect because Grandma Higbee (my mom) was there at the same time to stay with and coach Grandma in her recovery. We loved seeing them both!!

Uncle Kenny and Aunt Kathleen were kind enough to allow us to stay with them on short notice and were excellent hosts. We got a kick out of watching our girls play with the toys left over from 6 boys. Hey, I would play w/ barbie dolls, too, if they always drove in an orange camoflauged Hum-Vee decked out with multiple turret guns and missiles. The girls and Isaac loved their huge american bulldog, Cowboy. Despite what they said, I swear he is not a purebreed, there is a little horse in there somewhere.

We also were able to eat barbeque and hush puppies with Gma Higbee. We left Isaac napping at Gma Hiatt's house w/ Aunt Kathleen. When we returned we found Isaac walking across the room w/ a football in his hand and Craig and his family cheering him on. Apparently we need to leave him with family more often.

Below are also pics of the rabbit cake that Uncle Craig and family brought, an Easter egg hunt, playing with cousin Anna, and enjoying time with those we love but don't see often enough. We are grateful for all who fit us into their schedules w/ very little notice. We love you all!










































3 comments:

shel said...

What fun memories! I am so jealous!!

Gma Higbee said...

It was totally fantastic to see you in NC. I can't even express how wonderful it was. I love you so!!! Thanks for sharing the photos. (I didn't even take my camera this trip.)
I returned home yesterday. G-ma is doing well. I hope she'll be okay home alone now. It was a blessing for me to be able to help out with her recovery.

Blue Ribbon Family said...

Looks like a Happy Easter! :)