Monday, April 20, 2009


Some of you might know that I lived in Michigan before we came her for rotations in 2004.  My dad did his residency at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit around 1978 through 1982 (I think).  I, of course, came along with he and my mom then two of my siblings were born there.  When my mom came out to visit a few weeks ago she took us to the Detroit Zoo where she would take us as kids.  It was fun to have her tell me what used to be there and what was different.  This is a display showing significant events at the zoo when we lived there.  What a fun little walk down memory lane...although I didn't remember too much of it, it was fun to hear about things I did as a kid and to share that with my kids.


We love the Detroit Zoo!!!


 This goose really wanted to have a bite of the kids snacks.  
He got so close and followed us around for a little bit.  The girls kept 
calling it their buddy. 

We had so much fun with my mom here.  It was a difficult month in Dan's program.  He was home VERY little those two weeks, so it was a blessing to have such wonderful company.  We shopped, relaxed, sang together (mom and I sang a duet in sacrament meeting), baked, felted, crocheted, danced, talked, went to the childrens museum and giggled alot.  
Thanks for coming to visit Mom.  Thanks for sending her, Dad.  
When family comes the time flies by too quickly!!!
-M

Just to add a quick note to Maren's post, she and her mom sang like angels together. It was so beautiful. They sang "Lead Kindly Light", one of my favorites stemming from mission experiences. Oh, and one woman in our ward asked Alaina if she was excited to hear her "aunt" sing with her mommy. Lainie said "huh?" She repeated, "are you happy that your mommy's sister is here visiting you." 
-D

7 comments:

Judaloo said...

I have to agree with Dan, the music was beautiful!! I cried, but does that surprise anyone?! Amazing, amazing, amazing!!!!

I loved this post, too. very fun to read and see. Great B&W photo with Grandma, as well. Love you guys!!

shel said...

How fun to have your mom all to yourself and just enjoy each other!

Maren...I didn't know you were born there. I can't believe it. We need to talk more! :)

The Higbee Family said...

Sounds like you had tons of fun with your mom. We miss you guys!

Blue Ribbon Family said...

Awww...
I love that your mom came out to see you! How fun!
I hope all is well!

Amy & Greg said...

That is so great! I wish I could have heard the musical number. I do miss singing so much! I love the picture of Kristen with the kids. So cute!

GrannyJ said...

I wish that i could have heard the beautiful music too! You have a beautiful (sister) Maren! Love you very much! Jenny...(your sister's sister ha ha ha)

GrannyJ said...

oh....HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY too! Love ya